Rules and Regulations
WATERSTONE PROPERTIES GROUP
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who respond via social media sign-up (or as otherwise described below in “How to Enter”) to participate in an online sweepstakes for “Nominate a Local Hero” and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam and U.S. territories) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Waterstone Properties Group, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members, and/or those living in the same household of each of the foregoing are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor, as final and binding as it relates to the contest. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted starting on April 27, 2020, 9:00 a.m. E.S.T. and ending May 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. All entries must be received by May 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. Sponsor’s database computer is the official time-keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: In order to enter the Sweepstakes, you must register online
via the Facebook social media channels of either Brickyard Square (@thebrickyardsquare), Portsmouth Green (@PortsmouthGreen), The Ridge (@TheRidgeNH) or Rock Row (@RockRowMaine) where the sweepstakes is promoted. You must sign up via Facebook form, as specified, and provide your name and email; charity name, address; and why you support their efforts, to be eligible to win a prize. If you do not adhere to the terms and conditions as set forth herein, you may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may register only once and you must fill-in the information requested to be eligible for this Sweepstakes. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e¬mail addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the terms and conditions set forth herein. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the terms and conditions, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
5. Alternate entries by Email will also be accepted from eligible entrants. All alternate entries must be received by May 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m. E.S.T., to be eligible and must include your name, telephone number, mailing address and e-mail address (if applicable). All Email entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nominate a Local Hero” marked on the subject line.
6. Prize: The Winner’s charity will receive a $500 donation to be sent by Waterstone Property Group directly to selected charity. The approximate cash value of the award is five hundred dollars ($500.00). The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution will be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses including, without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner will be required to complete and execute an IRS Form 1099 in order to receive the prize. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by the winner is permitted.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner selection and notification: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The random drawing will be held on Monday, May 18, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. E.S.T. The winner will be notified via e-mail to the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes (or by telephone if alternate form of entry) within one (1) day following the winner selection. Sponsor shall have no liability for winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within two (2) days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. By participating in the Sweepstakes, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with these terms and conditions and any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: Acceptance of any portion of the prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor and any Sweepstakes Entity (as defined below)
to use winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements and address (city and state) for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and their partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, members, managers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of the prize awarded hereunder. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission;
communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Sweepstakes Entries or entry forms; or alteration of Entries or entry forms.
“Sweepstakes Entities” shall include Sponsor, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials, their advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies involved in the Sweepstakes.
10. Terms: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules.
Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different applications or IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) your participation in the sweepstakes and/or your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind including, but not limited to, the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Waterstone Properties Group, 117 Kendrick Street, Suite 325, Needham, MA 02494, Attn: Marketing Department. Requests must be received no later than Friday May 22, 2020.
15. Sponsor: Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Waterstone Properties Group, 117 Kendrick Street, Suite 325, Needham, MA 02494.